Jan’s “Spicy Mango & Peach Hummus Vegetarian* Spread/Dip”
– 1 package (8 oz) TJ’s Cream Cheese*, at room temperature
– 1 tub (16 oz) TJ’s Tuscan White Bean Hummus
– 1 jar (12 oz) TJ’s Spicy Smoky Peach Salsa
– 1 package (8oz) TJ’s Chili Spiced Mango-dried fruit
– 2 heaping tablespoons TJ’s Fresh Organic Dill, chopped (or 2 teaspoons dried)
– TJ’s Multigrain crackers
In a 2.5 qt. bowl, blend cream cheese and hummus until smooth. Mix in peach salsa. Using a kitchen shears, cut the chili mango dried fruit into strips (about ¼ inch wide) and then into pieces (¼ inch square) and fold into mixture in bowl.
Mix in chopped fresh dill. Refrigerate for 30+ minutes to blend flavors.
Spread onto crackers and garnish each with a sprig of dill.
(Note: Mixture can also be used as a dip for veggies, chips, bread sticks, and so on.)
* Wanna make it Vegan? Replace cream cheese with Tofutti cream cheese. Or, scrap the whole vegetarian thing and heap it onto a piece of salmon before broiling. Yum!
Of course … enjoy with a glass of Overlake 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon (page 3)